Sunday, April 24, 2011

"The Last Supper"

Hi Friends! I was very blessed to spend the final day before my surgery with my friends and family celebrating Easter. It is so amazing to me that Jesus Christ willfully died on the cross for my sins. He died so that I may be forgiven and spend eternity with him and his father in Heaven, How wonderful!

Today was also a great reminder of how blessed I truly am. Tonight, my dad had all 11 of us go around the table and share a blessing that we each experienced over the passed year. It was super encouraging to hear how the Lord is working not only in my own life, but also in the lives of everyone all at the same time!

My surgery is scheduled for 7 a.m. in the morning. I will check in at 5:30 at Mercy Main Hospital (downtown) where I will be staying for the next three days. My friends and family have volunteered to update my blog as we don't think I will be able to type...I will have someone post an update as to when visiting is ok and my room number, etc.

I just took a nap a little bit ago because I don't think I will be able to sleep well. I'm off to spend time with the Lord in the Word and in Prayer and to pack. Please visit me. Your encouragement is always welcome!

Here is the Prayer List again...

 

Please pray....


  • I will make it though the surgery without complications
  • My surgeon, Dr. Kuestner, will be well rested and focused during the operation
  • The anesthesiologist will also be well rested, focused and alert
  • Dr. Kuestner will have a chance to hear and see the Gospel through my family's interaction with her
  • I would have a fast, full recovery
  • I would stay encouraged in the word
  • I would remember that God's plan and timing are always better than mine
  • I would seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness 
  • I would have an eternal mindset and perspective
  • I would stay encouraged through fellowship
  • That I would be joyful and thankful
  • I would use this experience to share the Gospel and to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ
  • I would give all glory to God
  • I would not be upset or discouraged when I am not able to participate in fun summer things and fellowship...i.e...Bstud hangouts, CF hangouts, grill outs, wiffle ball, etc.
  • (Kind of joking, but not really - please pray that I would remember to filter my words when on meds)
  • Please pray for my Mom and Dad and my sisters!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment