Monday, April 18, 2011

And the Countdown Begins!

Hi Friends :) This morning, I had my pre-op appointment. They just took some blood to run standard pre-op tests and to send my blood type to the hospital. They also did a quick physical to determine that I was in good over-all heath to have the surgery, which by the grace of God I am! So, the countdown begins! Currently, I have half of my dorm room packed up and am 3/4 through a paper due at midnight. You know what that means? My final semester of my sophomore year of college is coming to a close! I have finals on Wednesday and Thursday and what seems like a thousand projects, tests and papers in between! 

Many have asked me how I am doing in regards to the actual surgery. Honestly, I'm kind of freaking out!! In the last few days, and especially today, I have been feeling rather anxious. Today, during my quiet time, I realized how this entire thing is way more important than "feeling better," but it's a HUGE blessing and opportunity to learn from and rely fully on God. 

Through this year-long trial, God has graciously revealed to me different areas of my life where I am in fact sinning. I waist a lot of time dwelling in these particular sin areas because I easily justify them. I also know that many, if not everyone tend to struggle with the same sins; being anxious and being inpatient.

I have recently been reminded of these verses...

1 Peter 5:7 (NIV) says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." How awesome is that?! What a great reminder of Christ's love for us, and his willing desire to meet each of our needs. 

Colossians 3:12 (NIV) says, "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." 

I desire to live a life honoring to God. I desire to praise Him in ALL Circumstances and to do so joyfully. The car-accident that I once thought was a terrible trial has actually turned out to be an amazing gift. It has become an opportunity to grow in Christ and be molded to be more like Him and to learn to give him full reign in my life day after day. Surprisingly enough, I have come closer to my family as well! I am so thankful for them. It is such an honor and an unbelievable blessing to be an Amann! 

With all of this said, I may not be totally, "Ok" by the world's standards, but "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13 NIV).

Please continue to pray! I will keep you updated :)





No comments:

Post a Comment